Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP) and DC Entertainment are thrilled to celebrate 75 years of DC Comics’ most dynamic and captivating Super Hero of them all – Batman! Organized in co-operation with Pacific Licensing Studio (PLS), WBCP’s licensing representative for South-East Asia, the team has planned an exhilarating line-up of exciting activities for October this year for Philippines set to dazzle the crowd, including consumer events, new merchandise launches and eye-popping retail programs.
Working in conjunction with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, SM Supermalls has prepared an exciting array of activities catered for the whole family during the holidays. As shoppers enter the mall, the iconic Bat logo will provide the perfect photographic opportunity. The Batmobile Experience will be debuting a display of Batmobiles over the years, inside a custom built Batcave at SM City North Edsa – The Block, Event area on Oct 10-19 and SM BF Paranaque – event area Oct 24-31.
For both malls Fans can visit the “History of Batman” walkthrough, which tells the story of the character’s creation in 1939 by Bob Kane and Bill Finger of Detective Comics, and his evolution as super hero through the decades, remaining topical and relevant for generation after generation of fans. Other characters in the Batman pantheon will be featured as well, including his crime-fighting partner, Robin, and many of Batman’s arch nemeses, including the Joker, Catwoman and Harley Quinn.
Exciting activities at SM Malls include:
– From Oct 1 – Nov 1, 2014: the SM Store and Toy Kingdom Store will be having their Batman 75th In-store promotion. Outlets will showcase an exclusive limited-edition range of products to celebrate the Caped Crusader’s 75th anniversary.
– From Oct 10 - 19, 2014: SM North Edsa- The Block Event Area will be show casing the Batmobile Experience, Batman through the years, Batman Collectibles and exclusive retail merchandises.
– On Oct 11, 2014: SM YOUTH in partnership with SM NORTH EDSA & PLS will be hosting a media launch to formally open the Batmobile Experience and Launch the exclusive limited collection of Batman 75th for SM Boy’s Teens Wear. Invited Media and guest would be entertained by “hot” guest celebrities , special fashion show- dance showdown and a lot of Batman 75th prizes and goody bags. Limited edition Batman 75th anniversary merchandise will also be available at the event
– From Oct 24 - 31, 2014: SM BF PARANAQUE- Event Area will also be show casing the Batmobile Experience, Batman through the years, Batman Collectibles and exclusive retail merchandises.
– From Oct 15 - 31, 2014: Fans and cosplayers can commemorate the anniversary and dress up in full glory by participating in the Villains of Gotham City cosplay series of event at SM San Lazaro. Other exciting themed activities include photo opportunities, Halloween games for young and adults, exclusive retail merchandises and collectibles and figurines of your favorite villains.