With the holiday season in full swing and the malls packed with shoppers, here are some helpful tips to make your holiday shopping fun, worry-free and stress-free:
|image from galleryhip.com|
1) Have a Shopping Plan. Your shopping plan should include:
- Your budget. Decide on how much you can spend, and stick to it. This is the most important item in your plan.
- Your Shopping List - that is, everyone you’re buying a gift for. With your budget in mind, determine how much you are willing to spend, and gift ideas per person. Put yourself on your shopping list as well, so that you won’t give in to impulse purchases. But of course, don't forget to set a budget for yourself, too.
- Check your shopping list twice. It’s not only Santa who needs to check his list twice. If you don't have enough money to cover for your holiday budget, go through your list again. If you can’t cut the names, cut the allocated amount per person. The monetary value of the gift is not actually very important….It’s really the thought that counts!
2) Do your research. Be on the lookout for good deals. Check out bazaar schedules, Promos and SALE Events from your favorite stores and even your credit cards.
3) Don’t Procrastinate. Start early and don’t ever ever wait until the last minute. By shopping early, you can avail of the best deals. And you don’t even need to wait for your Christmas bonus to arrive. That's what credit cards are for!
How about you? Do you have any holiday shopping tips which you can share? Please do….
Happy Holiday Shopping :o)