With the holiday season in full swing and the malls packed with shoppers, here are some helpful tips to make your holiday shopping fun, worry-free and stress-free:
|image from galleryhip.com|
1) Have a Shopping Plan. Your shopping plan should include:
- Your budget. Decide on how much you can spend, and stick to it. This is the most important item in your plan.
- Your Shopping List - everyone you plan to buy a gift for, gift ideas for each person, and your priorities. With your budget in mind, determine how much you are willing to spend (include also the maximum amount) for each person. Put yourself on your shopping list as well, so that you won’t give in to impulse purchases. But of course, don't forget to set a budget for yourself, too.
- Check your shopping list twice. It’s not only Santa who needs to check his list twice. If you don't have enough money to cover for your holiday budget, go through your list again. If you can’t cut the names, cut the allocated amount per person. The monetary value of the gift is not actually very important….It’s really the thought that counts!
2) Do your research. Be on the lookout for good deals. Check out Bazaars, Tiangges,, Promos and SALE Events to help you determine where to shop and where to get the best deals.
3) Don’t Procrastinate. Start early and don’t ever ever wait until the last minute. By shopping early, you can avail of the best deals. And you don’t even need to wait for your Christmas bonus to arrive. That's what credit cards are for! But always be a responsible credit cardholder - pay your bills on due date, and don't forget to keep track of your spending, to avoid going over-budget!
How about you? Do you have any holiday shopping tips which you can share? Please do….
Happy Holiday Shopping :o)