The worldwide community of museums is celebrating The International Museum Day today, May 18, 2016! The theme of 2016 International Museum Day will be Museums and Cultural Landscapes. Its objective is to raise awareness of the fact that, “Museums are an important means of cultural exchange, enrichment of cultures and development of mutual understanding, cooperation and peace among peoples.”. And to celebrate, Museums in the Philippines offer FREE Admission, fun activities, and some freebies!
It’s FREE MUSEUM ADMISSION at The Ayala Museum on Friday, May 20, 2016! In line with the theme set by the International Council of Museums (ICOM), “Museums and Cultural Landscapes,” the Philippines’ ethnolinguistic diversity will be celebrated through a collaborative art installation and a food fair showcasing regional flavors, like Island Gems, Malagos, KKK Coffee, and more). The event is called ROOTS. Registration is on the day itself (May 20) at the Museum Plaza (near the Ayala Museum Fountain and Museum Cafe).
- Museum and Library operating hours and free admission is from 12nn to 8pm. Registration will end by 7:30pm.
- Ayala Museum reserves the right to stop entry once the maximum number of guests is reached. At this point, guests would have to wait in line for those inside to finish before they can enter.
- Photography is only allowed at the 2nd floor and at the Food Fair.
- Refrain from touching the art works.
- Food and drinks are not allowed inside the galleries.
- Wear appropriate clothes.
- Bring some cash for Museum Shop and Food Fair purchases.
The MET (Metropolitan Museum of Manila) is offering a day of FREE ADMISSION to all its exhibits and galleries. There will be FREE GUIDED TOURS at 11a.m. (The Philippine Contemporary: To Scale the Past and the Possible) and at 2p.m. (TAPAS: Spanish Design for Food). At 3p.m., there will be a FREE SCREENING of "Litsonero" (2009), a full-length movie by award-winning director Lore Reyes at CineMET. For more info, please call MET at (632) 708-7828.
FREE Entrance also to CCP's Museo ng Kalinangang Pilipino and Museo Pambata on May 18, 2016.
FREE Entrance for the whole month of May 2016 at the National Museum.
Visitors may receive these National Museum collectors' items throughout the day besides the FREE ADMISSION and LECTURES on May 18, Wednesday. Visitors who arrive early for the lectures will get giveaways. There will also be spot raffles in NM Fine Arts, NM Anthropology and NM Planetarium. For more info, please call The National Museum of the Philippines at (02) 527-1216 or 527-0278.
Let's Celebrate International Museum Day!