LEE JEANS LAUNCHES Shadow Play Photo Contest
LEE Jeans Philippines invites everyone to feel the pulse and rediscover the various experiences of where they live. Capture and share these moments via their new contest, Shadow Play, an online photography contest that will run from August 1 to 31, 2012. Get a chance to win USD2,000 and your photos displayed on Lee's LED billboard along Edsa!
Participants will take original photos with the camera of their choice (ie. mobile phone or SLR cameras) and interpret through photography the various city scenes and the shadows they create –- from as basic as the shadows formed during sunrise or sunset, to the shadows created by trees, buildings/houses or electricity poles, to shadows formed by your favorite ice cream vendor, shadows of children playing in the street, or even from objects due to non-natural light sources. Shadow Play encourages participants to play with shadows in their photographs, and each photograph should be captioned with a maximum of 10 words.
Participants can then upload as many as three photo entries (800 x 600 pixels, 72dpi, JPEG format) to the Lee microsite, www.leeshadowplay.com .
Each week, Lee Jeans Philippines will declare four winners based on the number of votes in the Lee microsite and its artistic merits – how the shadow was captured, with subtle or no reference to the object forming the shadow.
Original photo entries (photo manipulation is not allowed) will be shortlisted weekly based on the top number of votes in the Lee microsite, and then judges will choose the winning photos from the shortlist based solely on artistic merit.
Three of the four weekly winners will each get
P1,500 worth of Lee gift
certificates, and one major weekly winner gets a Limited Edition Lee x La
Sardina Lomography camera. Shortlisted photos who did not win in a particular
week can still get picked in succeeding weeks if it receives majority of votes
in the microsite.
Weekly winners are eligible to join the final judging for the grand winner. Three runners-up will each get a Lee x Manila Fixed Gear fixie bike designed by a collaboration team headed by visual artist Kiko Escora, and the Grand Prize winner gets USD2,000. Winning photos will also be uploaded on Lee’s LED billboard along EDSA.
HERE are the complete mechanics:
How to Join
1. As long as you’re 18 years old or above, you can photograph the shadows of the
city to win 2,000USD from Lee.
2. Upload your entries to www.leeshadowplay.com. Photos should be 800 x 600
pixels, 72 dpi and in JPEG format. You can log in via FB or Instagram account.
3. Caption every photo with 10 words or less. Tell them what it’s about.
4. You can only send in three entries so pick your best ones.
5. Photos don’t necessarily have to be self-portraits.
6. Photo manipulation is not allowed. Your entry will be invalid if it is digitally
altered (i.e. with the use of Adobe Photoshop or similar software).
7. Now spread the word and let your friends vote for it on the Lee microsite!
How to Win
1. Judges will choose weekly winning photos based on solely on criteria provided. If your photo doesn’t win that week, you still have a chance to get picked the following weeks.
· Judging for weekly winners is on Wednesdays at 3pm
Criteria of judging
Composition and unique subject matter 25%
Lighting/use of shadows 25%
2. Weekly winners will be announced via registered mail, LED display on EDSA and Lee microsite. Announcement of weekly winners is on Thursdays
3. Three weekly winners each get
P1,500 worth of Lee gift certificates (valid for use
from August 9, 2012 to August 9, 2013). One major weekly winner gets a Lee x
Lomography La Sardina camera.
4. All weekly winners shall be eligible to join the final judging stage. Runners up get one fixie bike each designed by Kiko Escora. The grand prize winner gets 2,000 USD.
· Grand prize winner will be declared on September 1, 2012 in Lee's event at B-Side.
5. Winning photos will remain the intellectual property of the photographer though Lee will be entitled to its exclusive use throughout the campaign.
How to Celebrate Your Win
1. Weekly winners may collect their goodies at the Bates office.
· 21F Picadilly Star Bldg.,
Avenue corner 27th Street, Bonifacio Global
City, Taguig, Philippines
· Only on Fridays from 1PM to 5PM
· Within 60 days upon receiving your notification
· With two valid IDs and a printed copy of your winning photo
2. Watch your photo get projected on the Lee LED billboard on EDSA.
3. See your winning photograph as part of the Lee campaign.
The participant and the work:
1.Upon submitting photographs and its accompanying texts to Lee Shadowplay, the participant
-That the materials are the exclusive property of the participant and are not
involved in plagiarism;
-That the people portrayed in the photo have granted permission;
-That permission from persons portrayed in the photo who are below the age of
18 shall be taken from the parents’ or guardians of the minor;
- That the subjects portrayed are in public domain and are not covered by third party copyrights
-That the materials and accompanying texts have not been previously sold,
assigned or entered in another contest.
2. Entries will be disqualified if:
-Participant did not comply with the above mechanics
-Participant is an employee of the Authentic American Apparel and its affiliates
3. Voting for entries:
-Visit the Lee microsite gallery
-Voters should register via Facebook to let them click “vote” on their photo of
-Voters are allowed to vote a maximum of two times per week.
4. Prize redemption:
-In Metro Manila area is at Bates office on 21F Picadilly Star Bldg., 4th Avenue
corner 27th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines
-In provinces via shipping
-Within 60 days of receiving mail notification
o August 9 weekly winner announcement
o August 16 weekly winner announcement
o August 23 weekly winner announcement
o August 30 weekly winner announcement
o September 1 grand winner announcement
5. Prizes are not transferrable to cash.
By submitting materials to Lee Shadowplay, the participant agrees to all the rules of the contest.
So what are you waiting for? Explore your city, play with shadows, get your cameras ready, join the contest and tell us your story.
For more info on Shadow Play, log on to www.leeshadowplay.com or visit/like their Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/leejeansphilippines and follow them on Twitter @leejeansphils.